It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:27 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to shakynow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you access to view the discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to see everything, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please join us - the number one ultimate Shakin' Stevens fans forum, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: German Rock'n Roll Hit Mix '99 Label Variation
Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:57 pm 

takeone wrote:
ANDREWSRECORDBOX wrote:
I wanna know who outbid me with seconds to go ?? Then i'm sending in my own S.A.S. team (Steal A Shaky item) haha!!!

Pretty good! (but it would be S.A.S.I which ain't quite as good ;) )

Ok Ok....smart arse ;)

Unread postPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:04 pm 

ANDREWSRECORDBOX wrote:
I'm working on getting a PURPLE Rock 'N' Roll Hitmix cd!!

I quoted the ABOVE on Monday! Today,Saturday 28th I've got myself a PURPLE one to go with the BLACK cd i already own & for a bargain price of £8.79 (inc. postage) from Germany! RESULT!

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:39 am 
Owner
Owner

[quote="ANDREWSRECORDBOX"][quote="ANDREWSRECORDBOX"]I'm working on getting a PURPLE Rock 'N' Roll Hitmix cd!!
I quoted the ABOVE on Monday! Today,Saturday 28th I've got myself a PURPLE one to go with the BLACK cd i already own & for a bargain price of £8.79 (inc. postage) from Germany! RESULT!

..this collecting lark is addictive eh?

Deep down we have to think "A variation on the coloured label? Who gives a ****?" :D

I'm so glad I went cold turkey and kicked the collecting habit. After all, you collect everything spending a fortune, then you die and they all end up in some house clearance and down the charity shop. Then again, if you don't drink don't smoke (what do ya do? #adamantgoodytwoshoes) then good luck to anyone who has a hobby.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:45 pm 

[quote="takeone"][quote="ANDREWSRECORDBOX"][quote="ANDREWSRECORDBOX"]I'm working on getting a PURPLE Rock 'N' Roll Hitmix cd!!

..this collecting lark is addictive eh?

Deep down we have to think "A variation on the coloured label? Who gives a ****?" :D

I'm so glad I went cold turkey and kicked the collecting habit. After all, you collect everything spending a fortune, then you die and they all end up in some house clearance and down the charity shop. Then again, if you don't drink don't smoke (what do ya do? #adamantgoodytwoshoes) then good luck to anyone who has a hobby.

Very addictive yes mate!
I've collected that much (as you know) & it does become very expensive too,but....i'm very proud of my collection & it's far better to have something to see for your money than p****** it up the wall every weekend.Mine won't ever end up down a charity shop mate...you either leave it to someone in the family who will know the value of it & sell it on,or...you flog when you are old & past it :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:56 am 

the purple edition was released as a promo copie in Germany., The promo copie does include a blue & white sheet full of detailed informations. There was no "promo" stamp on it. Just the sheet of informations from SONY/EPIC was included.

Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:28 am 
Owner
Owner

Ah...that explains the variation.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:28 pm 

Took a while for this one to be put to bed....nice to know the answer though,cheers Bjorn

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:26 pm 

Takeone wrote:
This is one for the collector geeks... :ugeek:

It's a real odd release this one and if i'm honest, it's a pile of crap.

Put out by Sony in Germany in 1999, this appalling 'mix' was never endorsed by Shaky. In fact the Shaky team were mortified when they found out this was released. It's a shockingly bad megamix of Shaky singles within a CD Single which included a Radio edit and a full length 'maxi' version (the European name for 12" version). The mix has some bad DJ style MC'ing over it and an annoying disco pop beat throughout. It's a mish mash of a mix like something Jive Bunny would aspire to. And then there is that sleeve..

Anyway, I didn't know there was a label variation on the German CD Single of the Rock'n Roll Hitmix CD. Does anyone know why there were two different coloured labels? It's a simple swap around of the Purple and Black between label and font on both. Maybe it was issued somewhere other than Germany? Anyone know?

It'll be interesting to know who here has one in their collection and what colour label they have? Maybe you have both?

It may indicate if one is rarer than the other :?:

The Purple/Black Label Edition

The Black/Purple Label Edition

(I can hear the collectors in you now saying, "Dam you takeone...I didn't know there was two different labels...now I gotta track the other one down that i'm missing..more bloody expense.." :mrgreen:

I have the black one with purple ring.
"Made in Austria" on the CD.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Contact Us | All times are UTC [ DST ]